BUILD Magazine Acoustic Consultant of the Year 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Experts in building acoustic design and environmental noise assessment.
Acoustic Consultant and Designer
Professional, Reliable Service
All of our consultants hold or are studying towards qualifications in acoustics, and are members of the Institute of Acoustics.
We take our responsibilities to our clients and to our environment seriously and have achieved certification in BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001. You can read our Quality Policy and Environmental Policy to learn more. We are also UKAS Accredited for pre completion acoustic testing on residential properties.
Awards and Recognition
As we enter our sixth year, we have plenty to celebrate. Our trophy cabinet is beginning to need a page all of its own! Our Director has also been recognised by Building Magazine as one of the rising stars of the construction industry and profiled by Ecophon. In December 2013, less that one year after opening, we were invited to attend a reception at Downing Street recognising successful small businesses.
What Can We Do For You?
We are acoustic designers and consultants working across the UK. Our aim is to create beautiful spaces, inside and out, to allow our clients to realise the many benefits and value that good acoustic design brings to all projects.
- Building Acoustics
- Environmental Noise
- Acoustic Testing
- Forensic Acoustics
- Technical Advisory and Review
- UKAS Accredited sound insulation testing for Building Regulations / Approved Document E
- Architectural acoustics including the design of schools, hospitals and residences to meet required standards.
- Interior soundscape design.
- Offices and commercial property – including Primark’s new HQ in Reading, Nottingham Council’s Loxley House, and office fit out for ThreeSixty Services LLP, TP ICAP, and Argo Global.
- Performance spaces
- Worship and ceremonial spaces.
- Residential property including home conversions, student accommodation, flats and hotels.
- Educational and school acoustics– including two PSBP batches with Interserve, St Matthias School in Wolverhampton, Sidney Stringer Primary and Nottingham Academy Primary School.
- Healthcare and hospitals.
- Call centres.
- Acoustic modelling for complex spaces
- Sound insulation issues including speech privacy and impact noise
- Reverberation control
- Noise control for building services.
- BB93, TDM 4032:0.3 (HTM 08-01), BS 8233, BREEAM HEA 13 / HEA 05 assessments.
- Pre-completion acoustic testing
- Construction site noise, dust and vibration monitoring.
- Noise surveys to support planning submission.
- Noise impact assessment for new development.
- Exterior soundscape design.
- Wind turbine noise assessment.
- Environmental noise surveys and reporting to support planning
- Environmental impact assessment for roads, rail and air.
- Control of noise emissions from building services to meet local authority requirements.
- Noise mapping and acoustic modelling.
- BS 4142and BREEAM POL 08 / POL 05 assessment.
- Event noise monitoring.
- Using acoustics to help determine how and when events occurred, and whether they would have been audible.
- Expert witness testimony and support in legal cases.
- Investigation and resolution of disputes.
- Identifying the causes and sources of noise problems
- Review of design advice provided by other consultants to ensure technical compliance
- Value engineering review and advice
- Dispute resolution
- Development of bespoke acoustic solutions