July 11th is an exciting day for dBx Acoustics. It’s my birthday!
Oh, yes, and we are also the headline sponsors for the very first Greater Manchester Construction Summit, run by the GM Chamber of Commerce.
The one day conference, will give an overview of the construction industry in Greater Manchester and how the sector contributes to the regional and national economy.
The event will include: Peter Hansford, the Government’s Construction Adviser and Stephen R Hodder MBE, President of RIBA, Leader of Manchester City Council Sir Richard Leese and Baroness Beverley Hughes.
The panels will include:
- “Pipelines & the Demand for Construction and Infrastructure Supply Services” which will discuss will discuss the need, challenges and benefits of developing and supplying clear and accessible data about upcoming short medium and long term pipelines of work.
- “Training for the Future” looking at what is perhaps the most common issue raised within the construction: the shortage of skilled staff.
- “Innovation and the Changing State of Construction” looking the government’s Vision 2025 document which lays out challenging targets for the reduction of carbon, cost and waste, costs of materials spiralling and increasingly fierce foreign competition.
- “Best Practice in Procurement – How the Money is Being Spent” discussing the work which has been undertaken to identify where problems arise in the process, some of the actions that are being taken to try to address them, and what more needs to be done to ensure that the construction marketplace is open and accessible to all and that procured projects can be delivered on budget.
- “Construction as an Engine for Growth” with the £15bn pipeline of work identified by Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce’s ‘Construction Pipeline Analysis’ the panel will be assessing and discussing the impact of the issues that have been examined during the day, examining how these can and should be addressed by government and the industry and formulating the headline messages for the summit.
The GM Construction Summit will take place on 11th July at The Point, Emirates Old Trafford. For more information go to www.gmchamber.co.uk/events/794
We hope you’ll join us there!