Working to improve the health of the nation
We are the acoustic consultants for the transformation of the former GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) site into the new home for public health science for the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).
The £400 million world-leading public health campus is onsite and we are working on the Stage 4 and Stage 5 design with Baker Hicks, the multi-disciplinary designers for the project. Our role also includes:
- Delivering comprehensive noise surveys on-site and in the local community to assess and control noise impact
- Measuring noise intrusion across the existing façades
- Measuring airborne and impact sound insulation within retained buildings to advise on upgrades
- Designing room acoustics for new and refurbished spaces, such as lecture theatres, laboratories and offices
- Designing acoustics of new buildings and delivering plant noise control for the new energy centre
With plans to create a centre of excellence for research, health improvement and protection and bring together world-renowned scientists working to improve the nation’s health, the site is set to change the future of public health science.