dBx for Architects and Design Professionals
We work with design professionals including architects, structural engineers, and M&E consultants across a range of sectors to identify appropriate acoustic standards on a project-by-project basis, and to develop solutions which integrate with the overall design.
The support we provide includes:
- Room acoustic modelling and advice on placement and specification of acoustic finishes.
- Advice on acoustic performance of separating walls and floors.
- Acoustic junction details and services penetration details to maintain performance.
- Building services noise and vibration control, for both internal and external plant and systems.
- Assessment of ventilation strategy in relation to acoustic requirements, including acoustic assessment of overheating conditions, performance specification of façade elements and ventilators, and plant selections.
- Planning noise impact assessment.
Where compliance with specific design standards is required, such as BB93 for schools, HTM08-01 for healthcare, Approved Document E (ADE) for residential, or BREEAM, we have the experience to guide you painlessly through the requirements and ensure your design is compliant.
We’ve introduced a new service, SoundBx, which allows us to demonstrate the effect of different acoustic specifications in all of these areas, to help designers make balanced decisions around acoustic design options and their relative costs and benefits, without drowning in confusing technical jargon.