dBx for Contractors
We regularly work with contractors including Reds10, Bouygues UK, Willmott Dixon and Watson & Cox on projects across all sectors. Our involvement can be as part of a ‘design and build’ project, but we also join existing projects as part of the Contractor team when they are appointed.
When joining a project in the run up to construction, we review all available acoustic survey and design information to identify any project risks, or indeed anything that may be missing. Without compromising the required acoustic design criteria for a project, we’ll work with our contractor clients to identify and review alternative proposals which may provide cost savings, improved sustainability, and/or cleaner and faster builds. Innovations such as our new service, SoundBx, allow us to demonstrate the effect of different acoustic specifications without overwhelming you with technical jargon.
- Examples of the services we provide to contractors includes;
- Acoustic design across all sectors.
- Discharge of acoustically related planning conditions.
- BS5228 construction noise impact assessment and Section 61 (S61) agreements.
- Construction site noise, dust and vibration monitoring.
- Acoustic commissioning testing to confirm compliance with standards such as BB93 (schools), HTM 08-01 (healthcare), and Approved Document E (residential).
- Verification noise surveys to confirm compliance with planning conditions.
- dBx Acoustics is UKAS accredited (laboratory number 9473) to carry out sound insulation testing for Building Control compliance.
We hold accreditations with ConstructionLine, CHAS and SSIP, and all of our consultants have CSCS cards to ensure safe site working. We are also accredited to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for quality and environmental management.