Noise and Vibration Monitoring
We carefully monitor noise, dust and vibration from construction sites to help minimise disruption as far as possible, and take immediate action when levels exceed agreed limits.
Many Local Authorities require the construction management plan for a development includes consideration of how noise, dust and vibration will be controlled, then provide evidence these controls are in place and that the Contractor is aware of and responsive to any issues. dBx installs units which allow us to provide our clients with the following:
- Instant text alerts to the site manager if noise, vibration or dust (PM 10, PM 2.5 or TSP) limits are breached.
- A weekly or monthly report on measured levels at each monitoring location which can be correlated with activities on site.
- Confidence that any problems arising can be dealt with quickly.
- Long term, low cost, low maintenance monitoring.
- Our system monitors levels continuously giving both the site and the Local Authority added confidence that everything is under control.
The system is flexible, allowing us to monitor only what is needed (for example, just construction noise and dust monitoring but not vibration) or the full suite of noise, dust and vibration monitoring if necessary. We have multiple units which can be deployed on larger sites to ensure all potentially sensitive receptors are covered. The system’s applications aren’t limited to construction and demolition sites either – they can be used at industrial sites for general compliance monitoring, for example, or for long term roadside noise and pollutant measurements.