We’re thrilled to have been appointed as the acoustic consultants for the transformation of the former GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) site as the new home for public health science for Public Health England.
In 2017, Public Health England announced their plans to develop a £400 million world-leading public health campus at the vacant site in Harlow. The site is now under construction before phased occupation begins in 2021.
Appointed by BakerHicks, the multi-disciplinary designers for the project, we’re working across several areas, including:
- Delivering comprehensive noise surveys on-site and in the local community to assess and control noise impact
- Measuring noise intrusion across the existing façades
- Measuring airborne and impact sound insulation within retained buildings to advise on upgrades
- Designing room acoustics for new and refurbished spaces, such as lecture theatres, laboratories and offices
- Designing acoustics of new buildings and delivering plant noise control for the new energy centre
With plans to create a centre of excellence for research, health improvement and protection and bring together world-renowned scientists working to improve the nation’s health, the site is set to change the future of public health science.
If you’d like to read about some of the other projects we’re working on, read our case studies.